Click here for Historical Calendar (This links to previous years' Calendar and Wood Forum issues)
February 6, 2018 Meeting:
Who: Robert Berry
Robert Berry, the leading TurboCAD expert in the world, will give a presentation on Feb 6, to the Sonoma County Wood Workers Association on how to use TurboCAD to design your woodworking projects. Originally from South Africa, Robert emigrated to the US over 20 years ago when TurboCAD was purchased by the Marin based company IMSI. He has been the TurboCAD product manager and director in addition to owning his own CAD training business. He has given presentations on TurboCAD all over the world at trade shows, press tours and corporate demonstrations. He has trained personnel at HUD, the US Air Force, the Board of Elections, Boeing, the Blue Man Group and the Jamaica Business Development Corporation.
During his presentation Robert will:
. Show examples of work created by woodworkers using TurboCAD.
· Show how the software has been used by Shopbot and Legacy woodworking CNC machines.
· Demonstrate both the 2D and 3D features of the software.
· Explain how to prepare drawings for export to CNC cutting machines.
· Describe how to make dovetails and sockets.
· Show how to produce realistic renderings with woodgrains.
· Demonstrate TurboCAD Furniture Maker (a professional kitchen cabinet making software built on top of TurboCAD).
· Discuss the differences between the Professional and Deluxe version of the software.
· Sell discounted versions of the software to attendees at the presentation.
Click here for directions to 180 Studios, 150 Todd Road, Santa Rosa (Google Maps)
Hope to see you all there!